September 3, 2010

Where did the summer go?

Summer is almost over.  It is, after all, September 3rd.  When I think of September, I think of fall.  I toyed with the idea of getting all my autumn decorations out the other day, but decided to wait a little bit longer.  The 90+ degree days make it hard to think fall.  I love the smell of the house in fall.  The scrumptious candles, baking breads and pies.  Ahh.   It will be good.
With my birthday right around the corner, I'm gearing up for my annual first apple pie of the season.  I can't wait!  I'm not the biggest cake person, so i always request a birthday apple pie.  I suppose i'm like my dad in this category.  I would much rather have a pie than a cake anyday!
This has been a very busy summer and I had a blast, but I'm looking forward to things slowing down a little for the fall.  At least i always hope things will slow down a little.  I found some town-wide garage sales coming up that I want to check out.  And there's always apple picking, carving pumpkins, our anniversary....we also have a wedding coming up in October that I'm so excited for!  Congrats to Jibu and Priya!  can't wait for your special day!

No comments: