I can't believe it's already been another year....in fact, it feels like just yesterday that we crossed over to year 2000! It's a bittersweet end to 2009. Some trials this year, but also numerous blessings! I'm so thankful that God was here every step of the way.
Some major happenings in 2009:
January-
Grandpa Blanchard went into the hospital and almost died. Praise God that he is now healed and healthy after a major surgery. It was a very scary time for our family.
February-
My first trip to Disney World in Flordia- wonderful trip! Felt like a kid again. It was the coldest week that Flordia had all winter- so we were cold, but has a great time!
I had horrible flu for Valentines day- I could barely move- We ordered hot turkey sandwiches from Bubbles and ate a candle lite dinner...even though I couldn't taste anything and couldn't sit up for too long....
My mom's 50th birthday- cooked her a turkey dinner and had all the family over to celebrate her life! i love her!
March-
Finished remodeling the downstairs bathroom after the water damage from remodeling the upstairs bathroom! The toilet was in the kitchen for 5 months! I was so glad to get that out of there and where it belonged!
April-
My old roomie from college came to visit me for the weekend and helped me get tons of little projects/decorating done to the house that just hadn't happened yet. Pedicures and coffee, and wonderfulness consumed the weekend.
Finally had our housewarming party- after living in our house for 9 months. It was an abnormally scorching hot day- we even put in our air conditioner- it was crazy, especially since it was a pretty chilly spring up until then. Was a great day with family and friends and food!
May-
Long weekend Trip to Niagara Falls, Canada- Was able to visit with some of Nick's relatives who I had only met at our wedding. had a wonderful time getting to know them all. was great family time too- leaving our house at 4am to be in Canada by 9...ugg.
June-
Nick's birthday- Got him Mario Cart- he was so surprised- and had a little party for him at the house.
Jesse and Christina's wedding- had a great time picnicing the day away!
Mini vacation trip to CT with the Vielleux's to stay with Renee's family. It was a great relaxing time- and I got to go to Ikea for the first time....love it!!
July-
The start of my horrible back pain was on the 4th. Woke up sore and played tennis with nick, mike, and dad (yearly tradition) but only made it worse. had issues for over a month- went to numerous places to get help. Finally found a good place right across the street from work that helped me a lot!
My dear friend Lauren came up from ATL for a long weekend. We did sooo many fun things and went all over the place since she had never been here before. We were supposed to run a 5K, but my back prevented me from running.
August-
Beach Weekend in Charleston SC with my girlfriends from college- It was a wonderful, relaxing, catch up weekend- very warm (it got to 105! i was dying!)
Nick's car exploded and we were without a car for a bit...improvised....then found a new car- yay! Ask me about the "God story" of finding our car! I love to tell it!
September
My birthday- Dinner with family at Augies- then apple pie back at our house- It was a great day!
Went to Mets Baseball game with our families. It was a gift for our dad's for father's day. We had a great time and our row even played a game and we each won a free slice of pizza!
Sometime around Sept/Oct, my Aunt Dot had a mini stroke- she recovered a bit, but still hasn't been feeling 100% back to normal since.
October-
Went to Lake Placid for our anniversary and stayed at a fancy inn. Free coookies every time we turned around! went shopping and did lots of walking around the cute town.
Ran a 5K at HVCC- in the rain. woke up late and barely made it there in time.
My Uncle hit a mail truck and broke his collarbone.
Got poison ivey while raking the backyard. One part ended up getting infected. was on a bunch of prescriptions to get rid of it. I can still see the marks from it today. Let's just say, I don't want to ever rake the yard again!
Novemeber-
Ran the Turkey Trot- which is now a tradition =)
Finished remodeling our garage after the walls needed to be re-done after the water damage from last September. Now our garage looks like a Lowes Magazine article =)
December-
Met up with an old friend from WOL who lives so close! It was a great time to catch up and meet her daughter. Can't wait to get together again.
Got professional pictures done with my siblings and Nicks sister for our mom's for Christmas....huge success- and lots of fun to have now.
Got to spend some time with my cousin Steve and his wife Mandi and their son Ethan over Christmasttime. We don't get to see them much since they live in TX so it's great when we do get to see them.
******
Well I think that's all for now. I really enjoyed this time I had to reflect on the past year. I've never really sat down to do anything like this before and it really showed me how blessed I am, even though there are hard things scattered throughout- God has truely blessed my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment