October 22, 2009

I haven't posted in awhile- I figure I'm due for an update:

We primed our garage last night....took awhile, but I'm really glad that we got that done. It's looking like yesterday and today are the last of the warmer days- winter temps are staring us in the eye. Our garage has been in process since last September when the water damage hit- I love the feeling when a project is finally almost done!! Just a coat of paint and it's done! And I think Nick may be planning on painting tonight! yay.

As I stated earlier....the priming to a long time- well, longer than I was expecting. Nick knew that it would take awhile. But regardless, by the time we were done, all motivation to go for a run was gone....we were exhausted! Yesterday was our last night to go for a run before the 5K on Saturday- which I am not looking forward to after hearing the weather last night. Cold + Rainy = Not the weather conditions that I want to run in. Hopefully the weather forecast will change!

I just opened a package of Starbucks Cafe Verona that my wonderful friend Lauren sent me for my birthday. I love it. I think I found my new favorite coffee. The Kenyan blend is still a good one though....i have a pound of that in the cabinet too!!

This week of work has flown by for me! The past 3 weeks or so have been very busy for me....staying late most days and getting home drained because there was more to do that day then there was time to get it done. I'm glad to have a time with some more laid back tasks...it's refreshing.

Looking forward to Sunday- family dinner with extended family. I love my family and consider myself blessed to have such a close knit family that still gets together often. God has really blessed our family and blessed us with wonderful grandparents that are such Godly examples for us all.

Going to a candle party tonight. should be fun. Dave's soccer game tomorrow, weather pending. Looking forward to the next couple days and weekend!

No comments: