October 14, 2008

Relief-

Things are finally starting to come together with our house! We set up our guest bedroom last night and my sister helped me clean up the dining room floor by putting things away in our brand new used (from Nick's parents) hutch. I can't believe how 1 little piece of furniture can make a room look 10 times more homey and put together! The plan is to get as much of the garage finished as possible this week and start hanging some things on the wall! I'm so excited to watch this house become more and more homey!

We're hoping to have a housewarming party at some point so everyone can see it. It may end up being after the holidays but we'll see!

This past week and weekend have been such an encouragement after our rough weekend mentioned in the previous post. It reminds me of the passage in Ecclesiastes 3..."there is a time for everything..."

3 comments:

Liz said...

your welcome! it was fun! let me know if ya need any more help or if ya wanna make another apple pie! haha we didnt do too bad for our first try!

Lauren said...

Yay lala, I'm glad things are coming together on your house! Oh, and happy belated one year anniversary...I just realized that Sunday was the 19th!

carolion said...

hey cutie - I totally know what it's like trying to get your house to feel like a home, we're in that boat too :) I'll post pictures soon. Can't wait to see you, maybe we'll come down and see your place if we can :)