I've been reminded of this verse lately, especially after such an eventful weekend.
For those of who we haven't seen yet or talked to about our weekend, it was a very hard and trying weekend. It seemed that whatever could go wrong, did. And just when you thought it was over for awhile, something else happened. I wanted to share it on here so you could hear from us rather than through the grapevine...so here it goes.
To make what could be a VERY long story and long post short and sweet- here is a list of what we went through:
-I was rear ended on friday afternoon on my way home from work- nothing bad, just some chipped paint on my bumper which is being fixed soon.
-We noticed that our Radon mitigation system fan was not working (which was fixed shortly, but a scare nonetheless)
-Nick's car was towed to a shady place in Schuylerville from Mechanicville and was damaged in the process. I could go on and on with the rude people and constant annoyances that were involved with this whole thing, but I won't.
-We lost hot water (which we later found was the pilot going out), but we still had to take cold showers.
-Other smaller things not really worth mentioning, but still adding to the stress that we were feeling.
All this on top of trying to fix our home from the water damage has just tired us out.
Pray for us. We are tired. We need to re-energize. We need to not slack on our time with God and with each other.
We have been constantly counting our blessing through this experience, knowing that these problems are only with material things. We are thankful that we are safe and healthy and that we have our friends and family who love us. PS- I love hugs =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
love ya sis! hope things get better for you and Nick....*HUG* Isaiah 40:28-31
I'm sorry you had such a crappy weekend lala...I wish I could give you a big hug!
Oh sweets, I feel your pain! Life will give you lots of curve balls but our good God will always be consistant! Keep your eyes on Him and be strong for each other. (((Hugs)))
Post a Comment