January 14, 2011

Woah- Didn't expect that one....

It's Wednesday, January 12th 2011.  The northeast is getting a pretty decent snowstorm.  Schools closed- even Nick got the day off.  My plan- to work from home.  The snow is majorly piling up outside, and it's pretty.  Nice day to work from home and stay cozy.
Mid-day I got a sametime message (a corporate version of aim) from my boss's boss.  My initial thought was "this can't be good".  Someone who I've never spoken with once since he started only a couple of months ago wants me to join a call with him??  oh boy.  First words out of his mouth "Beacuse we're trying to meet a budget, your position is being eliminated"  (translation- beacuse it only costs us 20% of what we pay you to hire someone in India, we're outsourcing your job) 
Shocker.  Blow.  Can't believe what i'm hearing.
Then comes "but since you do have a maternity claim coming up soon, we are going to honor that still."  (Can I say Phew?  what a relief?!?)
Considering the circumstances, I'm doing ok.  I've been asked so many times what I was going to do about work once the baby arrives, and until now, it's always been up in the air- I was going to play it by ear.  I guess God had a solid answer for me!  His plan is better than anything else and I couldn't be more secure following His way.  I'm actually starting to look forward to some extra time spent with my little girl Elise!!

"We may not be able to control events, but we can control our attitude toward them."  (taken from today's Daily Bread)

No comments: