Christmas always sneaks up on me. I can't believe that in a few days, it'll be here!! Even though this is my second Christmas married, there have been some "firsts" this Christmas season that I've enjoyed and wonder if they will become a tradition.
-Making holly berry cookies. Found the recipe and had to try....Nick and I got to make them together which was fun. My love language is quality time so doing little things together means a lot to me. Very cute cookie- I'll post some pictures when I can.
-Wrapping gifts by the fire. Ahhh so warm and cozy!
-Making Chai tea mix from scratch. So easy, fun and good! A great gift for friends!
-Extensive decorating around our house- last year at the apartment there wasn't much room for any decorations. This year with a mantle, more room, and a house for lights outside, we've had a lot of fun!
-Shoveling our own driveway. At the apartment, our landlord would plow with his truck- we never had to worry about snow removal. And with the massive amount of snow we got this past weekend, we've definitely been doing our share of shovelling! I don't know if this is classified as "fun" but adventurous to say the least. White Christmas, here we come. =)
I'm excited to see how each year will be shaped by old traditions from both of our family's and new traditions that we begin together.
December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment