When is too early to start celebrating Christmas? Isn't there some unspoken rule out there somewhere that you shouldn't start decorating until after you take down your Thanksgiving/Fall decor?? Or is that just how I was raised?
These rhetorical/not so rhetorical questions are a result of the recent happenings this past week at 5 Prospect.
-Christmas music is officially playing on 2 radio stations. 98.3 is all day. 100.9 is only after 4pm each day. But seriously, who would listen THIS early?? My answer to that question would be "only Christmas fanatics". Well, I'm pretty sure all of you who read this blog know that my wonderfully amazing husband is indeed a Christmas fanatic. So yes, friends, Christmas music has been playing at my house- I've just been trying to avoid it as much as possible! It's too weird still for me to listen to it.....once Thanksgiving is here, thats a different story..... =)
-Secondly, as I worked hard last night, Nick found icicle lights in the basement and then proceeded to put them up outside! I had no idea until later when I asked him what he was hammering outside and he kept skirting around the issue. He is so funny. So we went outside in the rain for the first ever "Lighting of the Christmas lights" at the Marchese home- for some reason I pictured it happening on a pretty snowy evening, but oh well. It is what it is.
Well back to focusing on Thanksgiving for now, and watching Nick get more and more excited for his favorite time of year....
November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
How awesome to have icicle lights on when it is still getting in the 50's outside! This is the path of the first year in your house for the holiday season!!
Take pics and post them for us.
A.Pam
I also want to add that after writing this post, I went out and got a pumpkin latte- to try and stay in the fall/thanksgiving spirit a little longer....the days of peppermint mochas and gingerbread lattes are coming soon though!
thats really funny! there's no stopping Nick when he finds Christmas decorations! I've listened to 98.3 only a couple of times, but its already getting me in the Christmas mood! today at church we listened to it and Grandpa started singing Christmas songs long after!
I agree, no Christmas till after Thanksgiving!!!
I'm okay with lights, but the music should not be permitted till Dec. 1
Great to see you guys again!!
Post a Comment