September 24, 2008

Internet

Nick and I have been living at our new house now for a little over a month- and we love it!

I have to say, though, that the weirdest part about this past month is our lack of connection with the world....meaning no television or internet. No tv hasn't been as hard, but the lack of the good old world wide web has gotten to the point of stressing us out at times.

We stay connected with people, check the weather, get recipies for dinner, and even pay our bills online! It is almost a daily part of our lives!

Why is the world today so "dependant" on the internet? I always find myself wondering how we survived without it just a few years ago. I'm still pretty young, but I do remember when dial up launched and popularity began to grow until it became commonplace. It's crazy to think how quickly internet access went from being a luxury to a necessity!

Today is our first day with internet at home! It's very exciting!

No comments: