I have a little sickling. It started on Monday with a fever. She had a chiropractor appt that day so we went and she also had some fluid build-up so the chiro was able to drain that.
**side thought regarding chiropractors:
If you've never brought your child to a chiropractor, I would recommend it. They don't crack your kids back. They just massage and press pressure points to help fluid drain, make sure alignment is right, etc. Back when Elise was 10 or 11 months old, she got her first ear infection- a double ear infection. She was put on antibiotics for 10 days. It didn't help. So on to another 10 day round of antibiotics. It helped one ear, but the other ear was still infected. So on to ANOTHER round of 10 day antibiotics- and her Dr. said that if it didn't help, we would have to consider surgury (tubes). I was honestly getting a little frustrated here. 30 days straight of antibiotics and surgury for her FIRST ear infection? Isn't tubes a route that people take when their child has chronic ear infections?
Now, I'm not the "must do all things all-natural all the time" type. (not that there's a problem if you do feel that way) I'm doing her immunizations on schedule. I'm not against antibiotics. But something just didn't seem right with that much antibiotics for a little girl who wasnt' even 1 years old yet. So I talked to my friend Jamie who took her kids to the chiropractor to drain their ears. I was a little skeptical at first. But when she explained to me that there is no cracking on your baby, I decided to try it.
I called and they got me right in as soon as possible once they heard my story with the ear infections and antibiotics. So the chiropractor is a little more toward the "must do all things all natural all the time" type. But I'm totally okay with it. She did a few things while I held Elise, and what do you know....her ear infection was gone at the next check up. I couldn't believe it!! I have been taking her there monthly and she hasn't had an ear infection since!! All this to say, sometimes pushing the drugs isn't always the answer!! (as much as i love my ibprofen when I have a headache!)**
Back to my sickling: So she got a fever on Monday, Runny nose started Wednesday, and Coughing started today (thurday). But also she has been fever free all day today. Silly girl has all these symptoms starting and ending at different times and getting her mama all confused! Well I have a feeling that this is just a cold. I'm ready for it to be over though....I'm all done with being housebound. We miss interaction!!
September 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment