June 8, 2010

Yumminess

I'm motivated.

I want to fill my home with good foods.  Foods that taste great and are good for you.  I want to limit the processed foods.  I don't want to eat meaningless calories.

There are some steps that I need to take to get there.  And I need help on some of them.

1.) I need a little more structure to my grocery trips.  Right now, grocery shopping is a "whenever it happens, it happens".  It could be late at night or randomly on my way home from work.   This results in dinners prepared with whatever is in the pantry....which is usually not fresh foods.  I want to pick a day/night of the week for shopping- getting the items that we can use for the week.  This takes planning though, which leads to my next step....

2.) I have recently realized that in order to eat healthy, you need healthy recipes.  This is where I need help!  Any healthy recipes you can share with me would be much appreciated!!  (anything but fish).  My plan is to go through my recipe drawer in my kitchen and get rid of the bad ones and start stocking up with good recipes.

3.) Once I have healthy recipes, I have to get better about planning my meals.  I always seem to enjoy my evenings more when I have pre-planned a dinner and know that I have the ingredients home and waiting to be put together into a meal.  It's just getting into the habit of doing this on a weekly basis.

Well- there you have it.  Now that it's out in the open, hopefully we'll be able to stick to it!

2 comments:

Brooke Fischer said...

hey. i sent u a message on facebook about your post. im not sure how often u check facebook. so check it!
:)

Kristina H. said...

I love that you're doing this!! I think it's a terrific idea. Meal-planning is a major part of my organizational routine to keep our household running smoothly. I try to meal-plan once a week (or once every two weeks) and grocery shop once a week. I LOVE trying new recipes and I am always more relaxed when I can look at my meal schedule to see if I have to take something out of the freezer or start the dinner earlier in the day...I have found many healthy recipes online, and I have a few cookbooks (South Beach, Weight Watchers, etc) with some of my favorites. Have fun with your new endeavor, and don't forget to leave a night or two here and there for a date-night or take-out just for fun! :)