March 19, 2010

"To feel 'fit as a fiddle', you must tone down your middle." Author Unknown

Ever since the clocks were set ahead 1 hr, I've been having the hardest time getting up in the morning!!  I've even been trying to get to bed 1/2 earlier than usual and still the darkness it really making it difficult to get out of bed.

The daylight until 7pm has been REALLY nice though!  It's such an energy booster when you get out of work and still have time to enjoy the light outside.  Love that part of daylight savings!

It's been giving me more opportunity to be active outside.  Went for a walk earlier this week and played tennis for the first time this season yesterday with my brother.  It feels so nice to get outside more.
I'm planning on running with my sister to get her trained to run a 5K with me- Freihofer's run for women - this summer!  She's going to do the Couch to 5K program- i'm really hoping she sticks with it!

I'm really inspired to get in better shape right now.  My yoga class is helping with the inspiration.  I think i found someone to take the class with me too so that will make it more fun too!

1 comment:

Katie Beekhuizen said...

it stays light til about 8pm here now...i love it!! but it dosen't get light till about 7:30 am...i don't like that part:) hope you are doing well!